The Pretty Little Secret Blog
My secret little bubble.

Pages

My Journey Towards A Happier and Healthier Me

Friday, August 7, 2015




Have you ever been in an unhealthy relationship? Though the situations vary, the signs are always the same. We find ourselves making excuses even when we know it is wrong. Denial becomes the norm and you have to convince yourself that you are happy so often that you eventually start to believe it. However, there is always this feeling of reality in the pit of your stomach that you can never completely get rid of, so you try your best to suppress and bury it down.

There is always that moment when we reach our breaking point. All of the sudden we become sick of all the bullshit. The excuses don't work anymore and the reality that you buried for so long bursts out and smacks you right in the face. You start to see things from a different perspective. It's almost like a veil has been lifted from your eyes. Enough becomes enough, you are only human and you can only take so much. 

What do you do when you have the humbling realization that the unhealthy relationship in your life is the one that you have with yourself? You step back to see all of the excuses and the denial. Then, just when you've had enough, out bursts that slap of reality right in the face. The reason that you have been so unhappy isn't where you live or what you are doing, it's you. You are your own biggest obstacle.  

For the past three years I suffered with a serious case of quarter life crisis. I graduated and moved across the country to a new city. I won't go into detail, but long story short I started to feel lost and extremely unhappy. I fell into a depression, and things got pretty bad. However, I reached my breaking point. I don't remember what prompted it, but I do remember the moment where I thought to myself, "I don't want to live like this anymore."  The first step to fixing every problem is to first acknowledge that there is a problem. It sounds so simple, but I had to take responsibility for how I was feeling. Up until that moment I had blamed my unhappiness on everything else that was or wasn't happening in my life. 

We are responsible for our own happiness. Accepting that responsibility is both humbling and empowering.  I can definitely tell you that it's not easy, but once you do it changes everything. 

O.K. 
So, now I am ready to get out of my own way and start living my life.
 I have decided to use my little blog as a diary to keep track of my progress.

Step 1: Take responsibility for my own happiness...check. 



XO,
Mimi

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great honest post Mimi, often we look at ways to bring happiness into our lives but really we should focusing on ourselves and accepting who we are. Yes start living the life that you want :)

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete